Take a break in the Yorkshire Dales where you can get a taste for some beautiful Trail Running. A no pressure atmosphere where you can meet like minded people. You will have a choice of distance between 10-25km, with the option on the day to return to the Hostel where you can relax for the afternoon, or continue with a run leader through some of the most scenic parts of the UK.
If you are already a runner but would like to get off the road and try out the trails, this is for you, or maybe you already enjoy trail running but would like a guided run where you can meet new friends in a relaxed environment.
Dinner Bed & Breakfast in Twin or Dorm room. (Max capacity per room 6)
Includes 3 course Dinner Fri & Sat, Breakfast Sat & Sun, packed lunch/running snacks on Saturday. Sunday will be afternoon tea in the village tea room.
Accommodation - Kettlewell Hostel
- Check in from 4pm, meet at 6pm in the hostel dining room where we will gather as a group and discuss the route for Saturday and Mel will answer any questions which you may have.
- Inclusive Dinner - 7pm, relax and get to know each other, try not to drink too much wine....we have some running to do remember.
- Light Breakfast 7.30-8.30am
- After breakfast you will meet your other leaders who will be supporting the run.
- 9.30am We will head out , starting gently with a warm up before heading out on the trails. You will have the option on the day at around 10k to end your run. Transport back to the hostel will be available from this point. Those who wish will continue on the route will have a 2nd refreshment stop, which will again be an opportunity for anyone wishing to end their run here, or continue to finish at the Hostel. This is all dependant on you and how you feel on the day. It is a no pressure run, min 3 leaders with no one left behind. Light lunch and running snacks will be provided on route.
- Free time on return to Kettlewell (approx 2.30/3pm - 7pm)
- There is a lovely cosy lounge in the hostel with a wood burning stove and an array of books if you want to relax. Cafes and Pubs , strolling around the village or take a short drive to Grassington to browse the shops.
- Dinner 7pm
- We will eat as a group at one of Kettlewells village pubs. 3 Course inclusive meal.
- Inclusive Breakfast 7.30-8.30am
- After breakfast we will gather and meet your run leader for a steady 'recovery run' A circular from the hostel. Route yet to be confirmed but possibly on the Dales Way footpath.
- Return to Kettlewell and check out of the hostel by 12. Then we will meet for a fantastic afternoon tea.... you will not go hungry....see photos on event discussion!
You will need:
- 2 sets of running clothes.
- extra long sleeved layer
- waterproof top with taped seems
- bumbag/running backpack
- suitable off road shoes
- drinks bottle
It is the Yorkshire Dales so an extra long sleeved layer is advisable. Please get in touch if you have any queries regarding kit or any other questions.
Bunk Room £180 per person, Twin Room £195 per person (based on 2 people sharing twin)
Please read Ts&Cs before booking
For booking or more info please call Mel on 07904 355848, or email firstname.lastname@example.org