Take a break in the Yorkshire Dales where you can get a taste for some beautiful Trail Running. A no pressure atmosphere where you can meet like minded people. You will have a choice of distance between 10-25km, with the option on the day to return to the Hotel where you can relax for the afternoon, or continue with a guide to run through some of the most scenic parts of the UK.
If you are already a runner but would like to get off the road and try out the trails, this is for you, or maybe you already enjoy trail running but would like a guided run where you can meet new friends in a relaxed environment.
- 3 course Dinner on Friday & Saturday
- Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday
- Packed lunch/running snacks on Saturday
- The Black Horse Hotel Grassington
- Check in from 4pm, meet at 6pm at the Hotel bar where we will gather as a group and discuss the route for Saturday and your guide will answer any questions which you may have.
- Inclusive Dinner - 7pm, relax and get to know each other, try not to drink too much wine, we have some running to do remember.
- Light Breakfast 8-9am
- After breakfast you will meet your other guides who will be supporting the run. 9.30am We will head out , starting gently with a warm up before heading out on the Dales Way footpath for the first part of the run. You will have the option on the day at around 10k to end your run. Transport back to the hotel will be available from this point. Those who wish will continue on the circular route to Grassington with a 2nd optional finish point at the 10 mile point. This is all dependant on you and how you feel on the day. Light lunch and running snacks will be provided on route.
- Free time on return to Grassington (approx 2.30/3pm - 7pm) this time can be spent in the Spa in Threshfield or have a wander around the cafes/shops in Grassington.
- Dinner 7pm
- Grassington has a number of shops, cafes and pubs to explore in between running and you will have time to yourselves in the evening and sunday afternoon.
- Inclusive Breakfast 8-9am
- After breakfast we will gather and meet your guide for a steady 'recovery run' A circular from Grassington. Route yet to be confirmed but possibly on the Dales Way footpath in the opposite direction towards Coniston.
- Return to Grassington and check out of the hotel by 12. Then we will meet for a fantastic afternoon tea.... you will not go hungry....see photos on event discussion!
- You have the chance to use the spa on Friday afternoon before 6pm if arriving early, or Sunday afternoon after the afternoon tea. Please confirm in advance which time slot you would like to add, no need to book for Saturdays Spa time.
You will need:
- 2 sets of running clothes
- waterproof top
- bumbag/running backpack
- suitable off road shoes
- drinks bottle
- it is the Yorkshire Dales so an extra long sleeved layer is advisable.
Bunk Room £230 per person, Twin Room £255 per person (based on 2 people sharing twin)
Please read Ts&Cs before booking
For more info please call Mel on 07904 355848, or email firstname.lastname@example.org