Guided Trail & Fell Running and Guided Walks
We are extremely lucky to be based in The Yorkshire Dales and Lake District where fell running began, where we offer guided Trail or Fell running on some of the UKs most spectacular landscapes.
1-2-1 sessions or group bookings will be tailored to your level of fitness and experience, from complete beginner to those more experienced who may be looking for somewhere new to run or with specific training in mind for trail/fell races & Ultra Marathons.
We also offer Hill Skills and Map Reading and Navigation courses to enable you to get outdoors with confidence safely. We try to educate people of the importance of looking after our environment as well as ourselves when out in the countryside.
Just some of the options available for Trail/Fell Running and Walks:
- Bagging Wainwrights – Let us know which Wainwrights you would like to tick off and we will create a suitable route
- Ullswater Way and The Ullswater Valley – This can be low level lake side trails or venture off to the higher fells around Ullswater. Arthur’s Pike, Load Pot, Place Fell & Helvellyn to name a few. We know the quiet, lesser known places where you can escape the crowds and get that ‘wild’ feeling
- Lowther Castle Trails with visits to sites of historical interest
- Wharfedale limestone trails visiting the quaint Yorkshire Dales villages along the way
- National Trails such as The Dales Way, Cumbria Way, Coast to Coast, Lady Annes Way.
There really is a route suitable for all levels and we are passionate about getting more people enjoying the outdoors so we will carefully plan a session to suit you. If you have an area of interest in mind that we have not mentioned, please get in touch so that we can plan your ideal Run/Walk.
Why not book your walk for Sunrise or Sunset and enjoy coffee & Breakfast on route?
Introducing Mel …
Mel is the main run/walk leader at Due North Events. Mel’s experience of fell running includes races from 5km upto Ultra Marathon races such as Lakes in a Day, The Fellsman, Old County Tops.
Mel completed a Bob Graham round in 2019 and in 2020 set the female record for completing all 214 Wainwrights consecutively.
Mel is trained in outdoors specific first aid and holds a UK Athletics Run Leader qualification, as well as Mountain Leader training so you are in safe hands with a person who has great local knowledge to create a memorable day in the hills for you.